The Life, Laughs, and Adventures of an Outdoor Therapy Counselor.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Unemployment Sucks...

Unemployment sucks a big one. B and I have both been unemployed for a month now. We can't move until we have jobs and we can't get jobs until we move. I lost a decent opportunity at a place because we couldn't find a place to live in the area quick enough that we could afford. We are currently scraping by on my worker's compensation checks since I am unemployed, but it is barely enough to cover the two car payments, car insurance, and phone bill we currently pay on. Don't even bother asking me about one of our cars which we can't drive right now because it blows smoke from the vents. Not even retail stores have called me back.

If finding a job is hard, finding an affordable place to live for B and I and our two awesome puppies is nearly impossible. At least with out having a crap ton of fees associated with it all.

Speaking of puppies, our youngest and currently not fixed male, Skidman, loves to annoy his sister Savannah by licking her butt. We got tired of Savannah snapping at him when he would do this so we picked up two essential things, a clicker and a spray bottle. I filled the spray bottle with 1 part lemon juice and 3 parts water. Shook and voila a very fast way to get Skidman to realize that licking his sister's butt is not a good thing. He's gotten better and the amount of snapping has decreased immensely. It also helps that Savannah has learned that she gets a better response from us (B and I) when she just growls at him or comes to us with a look that says, "Mommy, Daddy, Skidman is annoying me and I want him to stop." They really are two amazing pups.

Maybe tomorrow I will sit on my butt and call places...or I could just save that for Thursday when I will be confined to sitting on my butt all day because I get my knee scoped out Wednesday.

Here's to a new life in a new town soon, before we all go crazy.





Oh wait...we already are.

No comments:

Post a Comment